After thandai there comes this exotic drink which have all flavors and taste, color and contrast, love and aroma, theme and dream. It's really a dreamy drink which allows body to cool down as well as feel warm up ready instantly for an adventure. I will say this is Indian red bull or it's a different boost then the market's boost energy drink. India is a plcae which is rich in culture and hence everything and we may say beverages and drinks too. So little resipes chaneg for a big eatable item and it can astound you in anything from taste to color and looks too.
Chandan means sandalwood in english. Chandan is a hindi word and this is a wood especially used for lord shiva's prayers and his tilak as lord shiva donot admire kumkum so chandan is used to tilak him. There are certain chandans sold in the market in different forms( wood, paste or powder) and different colors( red, white or brown). Various chandans come in powdered form are for beauty purpose only and contains very toxic elements which are not edible at all so using them for this recipe will be stupidity. Also tilaks chandan are also available which contain certain amout of kumkum which is used for kanhan or lord krishna's prayers as well as other tilaks which are also adulterated hence these are must not buys for our recipes. Kindly search for an edible chandan powder or paste for this recipe. This is a love drink used so many times in wedding occasion to offer to bride and groom too as a starter for theri wedding dinner as it really works due to its aromatic aura and wonderful taste. You would definitely like this drink when made with love and honesty. This can also be a surprise drink for valentine's day. I would always prefer non alcoholic and non intoxicating drinks for my love and family.
- Warm water 6 cups
- Milk chilled
- Water 1/2 cup
- Saffron 10-15 strands
- Almonds 2 tablespoons
- Cashews 2 tablespoons
- Kishmish 2 tablespoons
- Pistachios 2 tablespoons
- Walnuts 2 pieces
- Poppy seeds or khus khus 2 tablespoons
- Sugar 4 cups
- Edible sandalwood powder or pure paste if available 100 grams
- Cardamom powder 1/4 tablespoon
- Kishmish splitted in two pieces 2 tablespoons
- Saffron 3-4 strands
- Take a bowl and add 4 cups warm water to it. Put sandalwood powder in it and stir well.
- Take another bowl and add 1 cup water to it. Add all dry fruits and khus khus to this.
- Leave both bowls covered overnight.
- Next day take a pan and add water to it. Put saffron or kesar in it. Put the pan on gas burner and wait upto boiling water. Now when it starts to boil turn gas to medium. Stir occasionaly until water becomes half or lesser.
- Now leave this kesar solution aside and take sandalwood solution left overnight. Strain it through a thin cotton cloth in a cleann bowl.
- Take a grinder and add all the content of dryfruits soaked bowl alongwith water. Add cardamom powder and sugar too.
- Cover the grinder lid and grind well.
- In a blender put the mixture grounded, saffron water and chandan water. Blend all properly.
- Chandan thandai concrete is ready and it can be stored in refrigerator upto ten days.
- To serve this thandai, take a glass put four tablespoon of chandan thandai concrete in it and add chilled milk( you can also take water or half water half milk but I prefer milk for better taste and impact).
- Stir this very well and put kishmish and kesar over it for garnishing. While kishmish will give a good feeling during drinking this thandai kesar is used for good look.
Benefits of chandan thandai:
- Anti-inflammatory properties of chandan or sandal makes it very powerful to stop ageing.
- It can be consumed to get relief in joint pains.
- Walnuts and poppy seeds are highly effective for brain and joints again so consuming this drink will help in forgetting issues.
- It is helpful in strength increament.
- This drink is immunity booster(very effective) too.
- This drink helps in increasing libido.
- This is helpful in increasing skin complexion.